1.20.2011

Super Mario Bros.

I miss lining up my toy cars, imagining they were in a traffic jam. Now, I dread the real ones. I often miss being a kid again. I never had the luxury of having Nintendo, Sega Genesis while in high school or college. I was one of those kids that had to go to someone's house and play. I always came in last place cause I didn't know how to play the video game. Ironically, we now own two video game systems. And since becoming unemployed, I'm ready to beat up Mario or Luigi, possibly burn this system, hopefully never see a real size character of them, because I know I would hurt them, for the frustrations they've caused for the last 3 days. Now I just miss the imaginative days with my toy cars. Who cares about video games? Oh, but do they entertain, waste time and life away. Dodging turtles, hitting ? boxes, and trying to beat Bowser; temporarily distracts the realities of life.
This passed Sunday was my last one at the RI church. It was definitely tough emptying my office, not as tough as seeing people cry. It's tough, actually it just hurts. While going through the papers in the office, I stumbled on the first bulletin dated, 9.10.2006, the first Sunday I was in the pulpit. Ugh, I blinked and 4.5 years passed by. I often think that I didn't get my money's worth. This isn't like the video game. In the game, if I make through one level, I can always go back and try it again to get more coins. Life has one pass through the different levels. It's amazing on what each season teaches us. It's only a lesson learned if we're willing to be taught.
I really don't know how to end today's entry. Today's been one of those contemplative days. I most likely will have more of them. Maybe I'll just go back to imagining but without Mario and Luigi...

No comments:

Post a Comment