1.07.2011

the only thing snow reminds me of...

15-20 inches of snow the day after Christmas was enough to satisfy my desire to see the beauty of snow. The forecast for today is for some more tonight and tomorrow. It's fine. I used to get really annoyed, having to leave the comfort and warmth of the house to clean the driveway and walkway. It's pretty to watch from inside, tiring when you have to clean it. But recently (we're talking last several years) I've come to really appreciate the falling of snow. And the only reason why is because of this verse: “Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;" Now, snow is a reminder of what Christ does for me on the cross.
I can close my eyes and imagine how white everything will be tonight and tomorrow morning, and it brings a smile because I can now stand in confidence to know that God sees me as white and not dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment