4.13.2012

Hate

I was at someone's house last night and the child there was warned to not do what she was doing, because then she would hurt her head. To what she shared, it would be ok to die, because then she would be with Jesus. I would do anything to have that lack of fear in life. No wonder Jesus asks us to come like the faith of a child. And throughout the years, as we get older it will get worse and worse.

Today was a weird day. Maybe that's why it explains staring at this screen now, with Hillsong playing in the ear. I went to speak at a high school and on the way 90s rock, Nirvana, Offspring, Live, etc was blasting. While driving, I yelled the lyrics out (yes I was one of those people singing), I was excited to go and share God's word to a group of high schoolers (irony: going to speak at a high school and hearing songs that I grew up with in high school). The real irony was and I told them, that you probably won't remember me speaking here-but I would hope that you would take the commitment God calls us to seriously. It will often look like we 'hate our parents,' or even to the degree 'hate' the things we truly love to do, play sports or excel in school (it was a Fellowship of Christian Athletes group).

Getting old sucks. Going to the physical therapist and him telling me I should stay away from p90x and Insanity because of what it's doing to my back-sucked. Not doing these work-outs or not playing soccer or bball, has killed my discipline, my commitment level. In addition, are Facebook, Fantasy Basketball, Instagram, Words with Friends, Scramble, TV-really taking up my time/commitments? I have the 'hate' thing backwards. I'm supposed to be 'hating' these things, and committing to the extraordinary God-instead He looks ordinary through my life-He's getting put aside because my apps/games are more important.
Only if I lived like the little girl.
Only if I wasn't so concerned with stats of my bball players.
Only if I lived with the faith, joy, expectancy, and eagerness that any minute now I can see Jesus, and that's totally awesome. 
Maybe that's what I should have shared to the high schoolers.

No comments:

Post a Comment